Three important opportunities are on the horizon for pregnancy centers, and you don't want to miss them!
1. Pro-life Legislative Day 2017 - Join Ohio Right to Life on Wednesday, April 5, as we advocate for the Pregnancy and Parenting Support Program, which funds the work of life-affirming pregnancy help centers across Ohio. This is an important opportunity to educate our legislators about the important, life-saving work you do day-in and day-out. It's your opportunity to tell our elected officials why pregnancy centers are good for Ohio women and children. While some state legislatures have become downright hostile to pregnancy centers, we are blessed to have a pro-life legislature that values them. It is critical that pregnancy centers foster relationships with their legislators to ensure that this blessing continues! The deadline to register is in one week, on Wednesday, March 22, so hurry and register today!
2. Choose Life Program - SFY18 Application now available! The application for funding from the Ohio Choose Life License Plate Program is now available through the Ohio Department of Health. Click here for application. Applications are due on Thursday, June 1, 2017. The Ohio Department of Health gives the following pointers to help with the application process:
- Please make sure that if you have offices in other counties that you submit more than one application.
- An organization also may apply for funding in a county in which it is not located if it demonstrates that it provides services for pregnant women residing in that county.
- If your address has changed or the name of your organization changed, please complete the Supplier Information Form and the W-9 form. The organization name must match on both forms. All of the forms can be downloaded from the link above.
- If you’ve never applied for Choose Life funds, complete the Supplier Information Form and the W-9 Form and submit with your application.
- If you wish to have direct deposit, submit the Direct Deposit form as well.
3. Low Cost CPE Opportunity with Trudy M Johnson, MA, LMFT - Pregnancy Decision Health Centers' Abortion Recovery division has once again organized an important seminar on abortion grief in Columbus. The seminar offers 6 CPE hours for counselors, social workers and marriage and family therapists, as approved by CSWMFT Board of Ohio. Trudy M. Johnson, MA, LMFT is pleased to offer this training for professional counselors, therapists and others interested in gaining insight and understanding about hidden grief after abortion that could be affecting client outcomes. The seminar will take place Friday, May 19, 2017. Registration is 7:30am-8:30am, and the seminar is 8:30am-4:30pm. For more information or to register, click here.