Ohio Right to Life Mission
The mission of Ohio Right to Life is to promote and defend the right to life of all innocent human beings, from the time of fertilization until natural death.
Ohio Right to Life will accomplish its mission by:
- Using education and advocacy to encourage respect for human life and human dignity in the state of Ohio.
- Helping to eliminate such immoral practices as abortion and infanticide.
- Standing against all forms of euthanasia and assisted suicide.
- Educating the public about the dangers of embryo-destructive research and human cloning, and promoting life-affirming alternatives.
- Investigating new areas of biomedical technology, to evaluate ways in which they may promote or perhaps threaten human flourishing and human dignity.
Motto: A voice for the voiceless.
Ohio Right to Life, the state affiliate of the National Right to Life Committee, is a statewide, non-profit, non-sectarian educational organization. Through the peaceful and legal means of education, legislation, and political action, ORTL works to restore legal personhood to the unborn and to protect the lives of medically vulnerable persons, including infants, the elderly, the disabled, and those suffering from chronic or terminal illness.
We are working for an Ohio where every child is welcomed into the world and protected by law; where every pregnant mother receives the help she needs to face a problem pregnancy; and where every terminally ill person has access to decent pain relief and is protected from being killed by euthanasia and assisted suicide.