Choice Processing and Resolution- Understanding the Dynamics of Denial and Other Aspects of Abortion Grief
Hosted by Pregnancy Decision Health Centers
Registration is from 7:30am-8:30am. Seminar begins promptly at 8:30am and ends at 4:30pm. Cost includes 6 CPEs, a course manual, handouts, and a box lunch.
- In-depth discussion of grief after abortion including:
- Fetal-michrochimerism study,
- Disenfranchised grief and denial,
- Trauma bond grief and why the cycle is different than "different grief"
- In-depth discussion of trauma bond cycle including how shame and loyalty feed into the denial process,
- Practical tools for professionals and other concerned parties can use to begin breaking the denial barrier,
- Understanading the mental health issues relating to unresolved grief after abortion.
6 CPE for counselors, social workers, and marriage and family therapists as approved by CSWMFT Board of Ohio.
All other certificate recipients are responsible to verify with their state board.