This is not a drill!
Monday morning, the Supreme Court of the United States announced that they are taking up the case challenging Mississippi’s 15-week abortion ban. Friend, this is HUGE.
- Mississippi’s law bans abortion before “viability,” or when a baby can generally survive outside of the womb. The “viability” format is a key tenet of Roe v. Wade- challenging it strikes at the heart of Roe.
- For the first time since Roe was decided in 1973, we have a pro-life majority on SCOTUS. A favorable ruling on this law could greatly impact or even overturn Roe v. Wade!
That’s right- this could OVERTURN Roe. Although overturning Roe v. Wade wouldn't outlaw abortion in the U.S., it would hand the decision back to the states. That would be an UNPRECEDENTED victory for the cause of life!
Friend, Roe v. Wade is literally on the ropes. We have to move now. Going forward, Ohio Right to Life’s #1 priority is making sure Ohio is prepared for what comes next.
Our time is NOW.
That’s why starting TODAY we are ramping up our efforts to pass the Human Life Protection Act BEFORE Roe falls. This critical piece of pro-life legislation is what is known as a “trigger ban,” which will ban abortion in Ohio the moment Roe v. Wade is overturned.
10 states already have trigger bans in place. It is imperative that Ohio be prepared for a Post-Roe America. But we can’t do it without you!
Here are 3 ways you can help RIGHT NOW:
- Pray. We are in for the fight of our lives and prayer is our most powerful weapon!
- Sign our petition in support of the Human Life Protection Act here.
- Support Pro-Life Ohio by donating to the cause of life- even the smallest gift helps!
We need all hands on deck to get the Human Life Protection Act passed. Ohio MUST be ready to ban abortion the moment Roe is struck down. Friend, we are moving into the endgame- and the clock is ticking.
It’s time to end abortion, Ohio. Are you with us?
Founded in 1967, Ohio Right to Life, with more than 40 chapters and local affiliates, is Ohio's oldest and largest grassroots pro-life organization. Recognized as the flagship of the pro-life movement in Ohio, ORTL works through legislation and education to promote and defend innocent human life from conception to natural death.